For those who has missed the beginning, Stella is on of the best emulator of Atari 2600 game console,
running on many different systems, such as Linux, Solaris, Windows, MacOS/X, WinCE, OS/2, GP2X.
It has been written initially by Bradford Mott, see Stella's site for details.
PSP2600 is a port on PSP of the version v2.2 of Stella. It's based on the work of * Aenea *
who was the first to port Stella to PSP, and David Voswinkel who's now in charge
of the PSP port in Stella team.
What's new in this version ?
- Merge the code from Stella v2.2 (replacing Stella v2.0 b1)
- Add several Anti-Flicker modes such as :
Phosphor (from Stella v2.2), nice but CPU consuming
Simple, very fast and suitable for black background games
Average, it computes average colors between two frames
- Add paddle support, using Left / Right keys or analog Pad
- Fix the sound speed/accuracy (For a better quality, set the
PSP clock to 333Mhz in the settings menu)
- Bug fix in Rom file requester
PSP hangs when the rom list was big and already sorted
- Remove Gelon's name from graphics stuff (as he wants to)
- Add * Aenea * as the author of the first PSP port (i'm sorry for this mistake !)
t has been developped on linux for Firmware 1.5 and i hope it works also for 2.x
using the great eloader (0.99x) from http://www.noobz.eu/.
How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.
Sources are included, and this package is under the GNU public license,
read COPYING.txt file for more information about it.